Sunday, January 10, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year 2110!  We hope everyone had a blessed Christmas season and New Year with their families and friends.  We had an absolutely beautiful Christmas here at Our Lady of Solitude.  I'll leave the details of that to my fellow blogging Sisters on one of our other blog spots - which I hope you visit as well :)  I just want to jump into our Nun Run news.  Every time I see 2010 I realize we are now in our Nun Run YEAR!  So the countdown has begun.  We have 69 days left to plan and train for our Nun Run!  Wow!  It's coming fast.  A couple of our biggest milestones since I last blogged is that we sent out our first batch of promotional packets to all the parishes of the diocese.  So we are asking the priests and staff to promote our race to their parish families.  We are praying for a big response.  The packets included our newly available and designed poster.  Please click here to download and print your own copies.  Anywhere you can post or have these passed out will be fantastic.  Even if you are not in the area we are promoting our shadow participation option as well.  Thank you for your support and help in spreading the word.  Next time I write I am going to announce the award for our largest local fundraiser.  As some of you might have read in previous blogs - we are trying to use our Run as a medium for people to do additional fundraising.  We opted not to have any type of mandatory fundraising, like some races do, but we hoped people who register would use the Fundraising option and tell their families and friends to sponsor their miles or make a donation to their race.  So....in keeping with our desire to encourage people to do this we are offering awards for the largest fundraisers.  These are To Be Announced...  :)  So, check back soon!  God bless and keep running...

4 comments:

  1. How many sisters are going to be partaking in the run/walk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Br. Alphonsus Mary of the Little Brothers of Carmel and I would like to pledge my prayerful support to your praiseworthy goal. Please know you have our prayers for your special endeavor!

    God Bless, Br. Alphonsus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a million, Brother! This is the best pledge support we could receive. We are grateful. In Christ's joy, The Nuns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops, I don't see where I responded to the first comment. This is Sr. Augustine Marie answering our first commenter with the question how many Sisters are partaking in the run/walk. (I actually think I answered in a following blog.) Anyhow...1 nun is running the 10k, 2 are running the 5k and 3 are walking the 5k. So, all are participating. Thanks for your question!

    ReplyDelete