Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Great Forerunner...

I am back after a short break.  We hope you all had a beautiful Thanksgiving with your family, friends and loved ones.  Ours was wonderful - and we are really overwhelmed with all we have to give THANKS for this past year.  And, we are so happy Advent is here...  That means Christmas is right around the corner!  Yay!  Well, we are still planning and preparing for our Nun Run.  We hope everyone is training and as excited as we are :)  I've been thinking a lot about St. John the Baptist, one of the great figures of our Advent journey.  And I think he can be a great patron for our preparations and event as he is lovingly called "The Great Forerunner"...  So, he was a runner too, see!  We too want to prepare the way for Our Eucharistic Lord...  We are Running to build Him a Throne where He will be loved and adored.  St. John the Baptist, pray for us!  As for an update...this Thursday we will have our second official Nun Run meeting.  I hope to have pictures for you next time I blog.  That way you can meet some of the people helping us make this race happen.  In the meantime, I hope you are spreading the word.  We need as many people to hear about our event as possible.  We think most of you are waiting to register till after the new year.  But we hope you will consider signing up now, and telling as many of your family and friends as possible.  A good reason to register early is that you will you have the option to set up your own fund-raising page.  This is a terrific way to get everyone involved.  I set up my own page and will be sending out an email asking family and friends to sponsor my run.  You can check out my page to get an idea of how what you can do to get other involved: http://www.active.com/donate/thenunrun/runningnun  I keep thinking this will be a way to reach people who would never consider donating to our cause, and if you are passionate about our mission and want to help us, please use this event as a forum to do that.  There are many, many other possibilities to be creative and help us reach our goal.  Alright, that's all for now...  I am going to try and blog once a week.  If I have time, I'll try to do it even more frequently.  Have a blessed First week of Advent!  Keep running...

3 comments:

  1. I will be a shadow participant and will send your info to Catholic Answer forums or anywhere I think people might want to help.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a link to the Nun Run on my Facebook page - hopefully some long time friends will support this worthy cause!

    ReplyDelete